Learners Children ? ? Doctor ? ? ?
Learners Name: Setting:CACHE PIN: Date:Slide Criteria Covered Comments1 Title Slide 2 1.1 Review the range of groups and individuals whose communication needs must be addressed in own job role.1.5. Use different means of Communication to meet different needs. • Parents • Children• staff• Suppliers• senior management• medical professionals• visitors• External professional bodies and government authorities.
e-Text /Messages Email Whatsapp Phone Face to face Social Media Diaries Videos WebsiteParents ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Staff ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Nurse ? ? ? ? Mall management ? ? ? Suppliers ? ? ? ? Agencies ? ? ? ? Supply tr ? ? ? ? MOE ? ? ? Driver ? ? ? ? Director ? ? ? ? Civil D. ? ? ? Children ? ? Doctor ? ? ? ? I use the email with the nurse , suppliers and other agencies for records sake. I need to keep records for further use.
I use the Face to face with children because they cannot read emails they can watch videos and listen to instructions or we can make a video with the children to communicate to the parents and the community, we can post the video on YouTube or on the nursery website.3 1.2 Explain how to support effective communication within own job role. • In my role as a manager I use different forms of communication• Think about what the person’s needs to know and how best to convey it 9 in person, email, newsletter, memo or over the phone.• eye contact• Use simple and correct English• Have correct information- Know your staff• Be specific• Ask questions• Read body Language• Listen attentively• Ask for clarification• See other people’s perspectives.• Think about what the person’s needs to know and how best to convey it.4 1.
3. Analyse the barriers and challenges to communication within own job role. Communication barriers How to overcome themFear/ insecurity Provide peer or mentor support/ motivation/ workshopsLack of knowledge Research/ write down what to say/ goggleLanguage barriers Use simple language/ speak slowly, listen attentively/ InterpreterToo much information Keep it to the point/ simple Noise Look for a quiet place/ remove anything that can distract attentionCultural barrier Learn a few key phrases, Be accommodating appreciate cultural differences,Lack of feedback Give immediate feedback5 1.4. Implement a strategy to overcome communication barriers • Orientation of employees so they understand their objectives, rules, policies and operations of the nursery.• In my work place we have :• Newsletters.
• Translators• Communication books very effective in my setting• Notice boards• Signs• Policies and procedures• Parent and employee hand books• Reports • Parent teacher meetings • Parent workshops• Staff meetings• Memos6 2.1.Monitor the effectiveness of communication systems and practices. • Communication survey conducted online using the survey monkey software. • Had a total of 10 questions for parents, 10 for staff and 10 for partners.• Survey was sent to 10 parents, 10 Staff members and 5 partners• The survey was handed over to the parents, staff and other professionals after obtaining a permission form the director and manager.• Received : 11 Responses from the parents• 15 from the Staff members• 2 from partners • Parents • see the nursery as communicating effectively ( 72% ranked the nursery’s communications very good/good, 19% fair and 9% poor• Staff Members• 64% ranked Communications as Fair, 17% dissatisfied, 12% satisfied and 7% very dissatisfied.
• Partners• 2 responses rated our communication as fair• They said that responses from the nursery are always late.7 2.2. Evaluate the effectiveness of existing communication systems and practices. • Orientation of employees so they understand their objectives, rules, policies and operations of the nursery.• In my work place we have :• newsletters.
• Translators• Communication books very effective in my setting• Notice boards• Signs• Policies and procedures• Parent and employee hand books• Reports • Parent teacher meetings • Parent workshops• Staff meetings• Memos8 2.3. Propose improvements to communication systems and practices to address any shortcomings.
2.4. Lead the implementation of revised communication systems and practices. • Parents prefer a mix of electronic and face to face communicationSuggestions – Update website -Monthly Newsletters – Inform about events on time – Communication Channels esp. for late classes – staff said the information they receive is limited – What’s app group for staff and parentsRevised Communication systems – Review with manager and staff communication Policy – meet with marketing team to develop a strategy of how to develop the website (still has old fee structure and calendar)- To provide an afternoon record book where all afternoon communications done by the afternoon teacher and nurse should be recorded in the afternoon record book and the manager should be notified of all the incidences 1st thing in the morning .-newsletters sent will have important dates reminders- Implement team building activities- Implement instant mgs via what’s app group-Weekly meetings9 3.1.
Use communication systems to promote partnership working.3.2 Compare the effectiveness of different communications systems for partnership working.
3.3 Propose improvements to communicating systems for partnership working . Our communication systems are working very well. The news letters email and topic letters that we send home are in the languages that most parents understand because we have translators. We also do pictorial stories whereby Parents who cannot read can at least see the pictures as the teacher will be explaining the progress of the child to them. Within my role as Deputy Manager I believe that my communication systems and practices are very effective.
I communicate with my Manager, Care Co-coordinators, Care Supervisors, Care Workers, Service Users, Social Workers, District Nurses, Occupational Therapists, GPs etc. on a daily basis. I discuss all cases with my Manager. This could be informally e.
g. I speak to him face to face. I communicate with him on the telephone if I need to speak to him urgently and he is not in the office. Formal discussion can take place by email, Team Meetings, or during supervision. Examples of communication would be for the following reasons:• Discuss service users and obtain advice and support.• Discuss complaints which have arisen.
• Discuss and receive new referrals.• Discuss any problems as they arise. 10 4.1 Explain legal and ethical tensions between maintaining confidentiality and sharing information.4.
2. Analyse the essential features of information sharing agreements within and between organisations.4.3. Demonstrate use of information management systems that meet legal and ethical requirements.
Assessor’s overall feedback:Learners Signature: Date:Assessors Name: Assessors Signature: Date: