1. natural vegetation.9. Millions of wild camels represent
About 85% of Australians live within 50 km of the coastal zone.2. Australia is one of the least densely populated countries in the world.3.
In Australia, electricity prices are highest in the world.4. The largest sand island in the world, Fraser is also in Australia.5. Australia and Antarctica were a single part 50 million years ago.6.
Australia is a sixth largest country in the world.7. In 1880 Melbourne was the richest city in the world.8. 91% of the country’s territory is covered by natural vegetation.9. Millions of wild camels represent a huge problem for the Australian ecosystem.
10. Didgeridoo is wind instrument originated from Australia and is one of the oldest in the world. 11. Australia has the longest fence in the world; its length is 5.614 km.12. Australia has three time zones.
13. The victory of Australian footballers over the team of American Samoa in the 31 – 0 has become a record for the entire history of international matches.14.
Australian camels are imported to Saudi Arabia.15. There are 60 designated wine regions in Australia.16.
The largest coral reef in the world – the Great Barrier Reef, is located in the sea areas of Australia. Its length is 2030 kilometers.17. Australia was one of the founding countries of the United Nations.18. Australia – is the only country which occupies a whole continent.
19. The Great Barrier Reef is the largest living entity on the planet.20. The Melbourne city is the most ‘Liveable City’ in the world.21.
In Australia, there is the world’s driest lake – Lake Eyre.22. In 1892, a group of 200 Australians, dissatisfied with the local government, sailed to the shores of Paraguay and founded a colony there – New Australia.
23. In order to visit all the beaches of Australia, you will need more than 27 years.24. The head of the country is British king or queen.25. Before the appearance of people, Australia was home to many unique giant animals.26.
The world’s oldest deposit of fossils was found in Australia 3.4 billion years ago.27. Australia is a country of immigrants.28. Australia became the second country in the world where women received the right to vote.29.
Until 1902, bathing on the beach during the day was illegal.30. In Australia, there is a poisonous octopus called Blue-Ringed Octopus.
It causes complete paralysis and death in few minutes.31. Until 1984, Anthem of Australia was “God Save the King / Queen.”32. In the Australian Alps, snowfall is more than in Switzerland.33.
Murray River is the longest river in Australia. It is 2,548 km long.34. Tasmania has the cleanest air in the world.
35. The average Australian drinks 96 liters of beer per year.36. The world’s longest straight road is in Australia. It is 146 kilometers without any turns.
37. Boab trees are endemic to Australia. These trees can live for more than 2000 years.
38. Wine barrels were the invention of Australians.39. Every year in Brisbane, the World Cup in the cockroach races is organized.40. In 1932, the Australian army declared war on the emu population in Western Australia.
Surprisingly, they lost.41. Somehow an Australian tried to sell New Zealand on eBay.42. In Australia, Since 1979 no one has died from poisonous spiders.43.
Wave Rock in Australia is one of the oldest rocks in the world. 44. Australia is on the list of top ten countries with the highest standard of living.